A solution by brown-iposs for the simple query of current coverage information of various mobile radio technologies.
CellCover provides exact information on the current mobile radio provision. The product enables a fast and targed-oriented disassembling from metering point, sensors and associated services, which use a mobile network as the basis for communication. A Complete integration into your own administrative and production processes is possible.
Using CellCover has the following advantages
- Easy determination of possible installation locations for smart meters
- Targeted selection of the mobile network operator
- Ensure high availability of the measuring points and sensors
- Process optimization
- Make faster decisions
- Go Green support through resource efficiency
- Securing the market through advantages over the competition
- Current data that is fully available and can be called up at any
- A high level of acceptance among employees thanks to full integration
- Low implementation effort
- Low cost
- No additional personnel requirements
4 steps to reliable supply information
To create supply information you need:
- Reliable raw data
- Reliable provision bill
- A catchy presentation
1. Measurement of the current state
The measurement is carried out using a measuring box or our app.
2. Data fusion/ ascertainment/ classification of transmitting station
In this step, the import into the database takes place. Furthermore the data is also checked and anonymized. In addition, there is a comparison with the BNetzA, a check in WiMAP-4G and the assignment of measurement data – transmitter.
3. Transfer to surrounding areas
At first, an estimation of the transmission data with regard to antenna, power and alignment takes place. Afterwards all areas are calculated.
4. Laminar representation = supply information
The focus here is on the summary of the results and the test and control comparison. An export for forms, Maps, … is executed.
Measurement data & measuring box
The information on the current mobile radio supply is determined by measurements using an Android app and or a measuring box installed in vehicle. The aim is to provide a long-term development of mobile communications coverage and to determine unused areas.
The measuring box consists of a signal receiver for the 450 – 3800 MHz range, a control unit and a GPS module. The data gathering supports a wide range of mobile radio technologies such as GSM, UMTS, LTE and 5G, while data upload is also possible using a WLAN or USB stick. The form factor, protection class and power supply are designed for use on and in vehicles.
Provision information can also be collected using the android based CelLCover app. A standard interface provides all the necessary information, including signal strength, signal quality, provider and position of the measurement. The data is transferred anonymously to the database, validated and expanded by prediction calculations, in order to then be made available in customer-specific visualizations and forms.